I have a confession to make. While I welcomed the news on Friday that my doctor wanted to postpone Bun's arrival from today to potentially Wednesday the 15th, had my sciatica been as bad as it was at the beginning of last week, I probably would have burst into tears at the thought of waiting even an extra day.
I'm telling you - Bun decided to extricate him/herself from the nerve area just in the nick of time. Bun probably thought, "Hey, if moving a little to the left will buy me another week in here, I'm all for it. " Should I be worried that Bun is already practicing manipulation...in the womb, no less?
I am a little surprised at the relaxed way I'm accepting the change in plans. Usually, I don't look so kindly upon an alteration to my perfectly plotted schedule (particularly when I'm not the one implementing it), but perhaps I've matured in the past few months. It also helps to know that Lupus isn't getting the last word in this time. For once, the disease is staying in the background just where she should be, and Bun and I get to be the stars of the show for the time being. It's so nice to be able to make a decision based upon what's best for my baby (and me) without having to consider how my Lupus is going to react. The disease (and her symptoms) are, at the moment, behaving themselves - and I'm loving every minute of it! It feels so great being able to postpone the inducement date without any apparent complication. Even though I'll be going in twice this week for monitoring, waiting feels so right and so, I don't know, normal. Like this is what every mom-to-be would choose for her baby - to "cook" as long as possible. And now I get to make the same decision for Bun, despite Lupus. What a treat. What a blessing. What a triumph.
Now to break the news to Henry that he and Bun might share his birthday on the 15th!